The best Scriptures to read when conflicted or confused will be different for each person. Much depends upon a person's mindset at the time, because of the person's mood, and also the person's underlying worldview, which can alter perceptions. Here are some I like:
- Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, that yields its fruit in its season,and its leaf does not wither.In all that he does, he prospers. (Psalm 1:1-3)
- Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. (Psalm 37:4)
- Wait for the Lord, and keep to his way, and he will exalt you to possess the land; you will look on the destruction of the wicked. (Psalm 37:34)
- They who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31)
What proverb sayings are best to keep in mind; Which one do you hold on for a long time and why do you?
- Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gets understanding, (Proverbs 3:13)
- It is like sport to a fool to do wrong, but wise conduct is pleasure to a man of understanding. (Proverbs 10:23)
- A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion. (Proverbs 18:2)
- He who gets wisdom loves himself; he who keeps understanding will prosper. (Proverbs 19:8)
- Better is open rebuke than hidden love. (Proverbs 27:5)
The tragedy is many people who lack understanding of the truth, do so because they are indoctrinated religionists who claim to be Christians and yet they refuse to seek understanding that they profess, but do not have.
Understanding requires us to be able to apply what we think we know and not be merely book-read or doctrinaire.
The Only Way To Understand Truth Is To Recognize Evil For What It Is