Even though the Bible clearly states that the Old Testament bears witness to the Son of God, amazingly, very few people ever come to realize this. Instead, they are deceived in some way and miss the mark.
- You search the scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness to me; yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life. (John 5:39-40)
If the Son of God says the Old Testament bears witness to Him and you cannot see this truth, then you have a darkened mind and have not come out of the darkness. You may even call yourself a Christian, but you do not know Lord Jesus Christ. The truth is people relate to one another and we are also called to relate to God Himself through His Son—what is the name of the Holy One (Proverbs 30:3-4). Just like you do not know me, you do not know the Father, because you do not know the Son.
Any translation that strips the Son of God of His glory or belittles God by calling Him a ghost, demonstrates that it has been influenced by something other than the truth. Why would the Son of God give up his ghost? Why would a translation state that God seeks those who worship Him, to do so in spirit and truth, and then say that the Holy Spirit of God is a ghost. This has to be a deliberate, subtle, spiritualist influence. There is no reason for the King Jame Version of the Bible, if the translation were truly inspired by God, to incorporate a spiritualist component that has to do with ghosts—for ghosts are spirits of the dead that are believed to inhabit haunts all over the world and influence people. Spiritualists even seek to contact ghosts—something that is forbidden in the Bible.
Consultation of the King James Version Greek Lexicon informs us that there is no need to translate the word pneuma as ghost and not spirit. In the book of Acts, we read how the Holy Spirit is a ghost and yet it is by the Spirit that people are able to exhibit the supernatural and speak in languages they had not learned.
- And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. (Joel 2:29)
- And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. (Acts 2:4
- Then Abraham gave up the ghost, and died in a good old age, an old man, and full of years; and was gathered to his people. (Genesis 25:8)
- Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. (Matthew 1:18)
- Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. (Matthew 27:50)
- Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. (Matthew 28:19)
- I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost. (Mark 1:8)
- And immediately the spirit driveth him into the wilderness. (Mark 1:12)
- And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. (Genesis 6:3)
- And they fell upon their faces, and said, O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh, shall one man sin, and wilt thou be wroth with all the congregation? (Numbers 16:22)
- And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: (Matthew 3:16)
- Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles. (Matthew 12:18)
- And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed. (Daniel 8:14)
`ereb (eh'-reb) dusk, even(-ing, tide), night.Now if the King James Version correctly stated evenings and mornings, instead of interpreting this to mean days, then ereb and boqer would have been translated evenings and mornings.
boqer (bo'-ker) dawn (as the break of day); generally, morning, early, morning.
- And he said to him, “For two thousand and three hundred evenings and mornings; then the sanctuary shall be restored to its rightful state.” (Daniel 8:14)
I believe Ellen White and the pioneers were honest people, they just came to some wrong conclusions because of a lack of information. Otherwise you would have to conclude that they were all liars and deceivers and involved in a cover up. As they were all repeating the same line of reasoning it seems likely that they were just not aware of the truth about what happened on August 11th 1840. —Josiah Litch - What happened on August 11, 1840?Those who delight in rejecting the historical accuracy of the Bible, rejoice at the fact there as some slight errors in the Scriptures.—Noah’s Ark has been found and documented to measure the exact measurements detailed in the Bible.
Foolish Bible-believers who are indoctrinated to the extent that they exalt the Bible so high that they commit bibliolatry, attempt to defend the inerrancy and infallibility of the Scriptures rather than acknowledging that they bear witness to Lord Jesus Christ.
- You search the scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness to me; yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life. (John 5:39–40)
The fact that the experience of knowing Lord Jesus Christ is borne witness by the Bible, those who know the Son of God have great confidence in what has been written by the prophets and apostles. Moreover, this confidence is corroborated as valid because of the historical witness verified by indisputable archaeological artifacts that have been discovered.
Fortunately, for the King James translators, the version cannot but bear witness to the Word of God, the Son of God, Lord Jesus Christ, who dwelt in the bosom of the Father and has revealed Him in human form.
Oddly The Only Words Written By God Himself Are Discarded By Bible Literalists