The Bible depicts God neither as a trinity nor three modes of expression (modalism). The Bible speaks of God having a Son in the Old Testament and when we get into the New Testament, the Son refers to the Father and the Holy Spirit as distinct entities, and in the last book, mentions the seven Spirits of God that roam over the Earth.
- I have not learned wisdom, nor have I knowledge of the Holy One. Who has ascended to heaven and come down? Who has gathered the wind in his fists? Who has wrapped up the waters in a garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is his son’s name? Surely you know! (Proverbs 30:3–4)
- I myself did not know him; but he who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘He on whom you see the Spirit descend and remain, this is he who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’ (John 1:33)
- But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. (John 14:26)
- Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19)
- The Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him; you know him, for he dwells with you, and will be in you. (John 14:17)
- But when the Counselor comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness to me; (John 15:26)
- When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. (John 16:13)
- But you are not in the flesh, you are in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Any one who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him. (Romans 8:9)
- Yes, and I shall rejoice. For I know that through your prayers and the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ this will turn out for my deliverance, (Philippians 1:19)
- They inquired what person or time was indicated by the Spirit of Christ within them when predicting the sufferings of Christ and the subsequent glory. (1 Peter 1:11)
- From the throne issue flashes of lightning, and voices and peals of thunder, and before the throne burn seven torches of fire, which are the seven spirits of God; (Revelation 4:5)
- And between the throne and the four living creatures and among the elders, I saw a Lamb standing, as though it had been slain, with seven horns and with seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth; (Revelation 5:6)
If anything, rather than the idea of a trinity or a triune manifestation of God, we see in the Bible that there appears to be a distinction between the Spirit of God (which is probably the Spirits of God and is often referred to as the Seven-fold Spirit of God), the Heavenly Father, the Son of God and the Spirit of Truth, which is the Holy Spirit that indwells believers.
Far better to accept that those who are baptized into Christ receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit (the Spirit of Christ, the Spirit of Truth), but not the Seven-fold Spirit of God. The Seven-fold Spirit, we are told in the book of Revelation, is an external being that roams the Earth, whereas those who are united with Lord Jesus, possess the indwelling Spirit of Christ.
From what we learn from the Bible, only those who possess the Spirit of Christ are able to understand the truths of God. However, it is possible for people to do mighty works in the name of Jesus through the power of the Spirit of God and yet not be known by Him (Matthew 7:21-23). Judas was one of the twelve, and along with the others, he was given authority to cast out demons and heal the sick, yet he did not really know Jesus. This is suggestive of the Spirit of God (Finger of God) casting out demons, for we know that Judas did not possess the Holy Spirit, as it was not given until the day of Pentecost (Acts 2:1-4).
To Know The Father Is To Know The Son But Only If The Son Reveals Him To You