, student of morality and existence, answers a question on Quora, and along comes someone who does not believe that God is the Judge of all the Earth, then the answer is taken off public display.
Oct 16, 2017
Quora Moderation collapsed your answer to Can my conscience be cured? for violating a policy on Quora. Judge for yourself, if this answer has no attributions to who said what, especially when it comes to homosexuals and other perverts committing suicide.
You say you do not feel anything, therefore, you have no conscience. Feelings are not your conscience. The conscience is the ability to discern right from wrong, not the ability to feel empathy or fear. These are felt by another faculty that we possess, which has also the ability feel love—but only God is love.
- And he made from one every nation of men to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their habitation, that they should seek God, in the hope that they might feel after him and find him. Yet he is not far from each one of us. (
- He who does not love does not know God; for God is love. In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the expiation for our sins.
Guilt is mistaken to be our conscience, but this is a feeling that occurs after we transgress what we know to be wrong. At this point, if we decide that we are going to override our feelings of guilt, this comes from our thoughts.
- When Gentiles who have not the law do by nature what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. They show that what the law requires is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness and their conflicting thoughts accuse or perhaps excuse them on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.
We can excuse our own thoughts and actions that we know to be wrong, evil, or consider blameworthy. When we do this, we override our feelings of guilt. Once this is done, then we begin to believe what is false, e.g.: death does not matter, for who cares what I do; I can do what feels good to me, there is no real judge. When excusing our own actions, what was previously a sound conscience becomes a false conscience, and this leads to further destruction.
Just have a look at the real suicide statistics and you will see which segments of society despair of life the most. I will give you a clue, it is not those who live within healthy communities with extended families. For the family is where God has commanded the blessing.
- I will bless those who bless you, and him who curses you I will curse; and by you all the families of the earth shall bless themselves. ( )
- And your descendants shall be like the dust of the earth, and you shall spread abroad to the west and to the east and to the north and to the south; and by you and your descendants shall all the families of the earth bless themselves. ( )
Below are two studies that tell us something very important about the reason why families are where the blessing happens to be.
Suicide rates are much higher in Protestant areas than in Catholic areas.Religious doctrines influence the likelihood that a believer commits suicide. Becker said Catholics may be deterred from this act by of the impossibility of confessing the sin and the consequence of not being able to enter heaven. Plus, Protestantism is more individualistic than Catholicism. "When life hits hard," he explained, "a Catholic can rely on a stronger community which might help him to cope."
Findings from a recent Australian study indicate that depression, relationship problems, and other life stressors were more prevalent among LGBT suicide decedents than among non-LGBT decedents—
When people come to Lord Jesus Christ and they become a member of the family of God, their conscience is restored, providing they are genuine and mediate upon the Law of God ().
- For if the sprinkling of defiled persons with the blood of goats and bulls and with the ashes of a heifer sanctifies for the purification of the flesh, 14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify your[ ]conscience from dead works to serve the living God.Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred which redeems them from the transgressions under the first covenant.
- Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. ( )
- Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a clear conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ. ()
- For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with might through his Spirit in the inner man, and that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love.
When all the evidence is taken into account, much is evident in the society in which we live, so there is really no need for studies from what the Bible states, just reason. God has a purpose and this includes the restoration of the conscience, so people can reason right from wrong and discern what is good from evil and establish what is false and what is true.
In your case, what is true is what you have stated about your situation. What is written above points to a better hope for you as it does to all who are born into this world of suffering and death. There is hope of knowing the love of God for all who desire it above everything else.