References are made to the fact that there are many lords in the world but only one Lord Jesus Christ; therefore, just to title the risen Lord as a lord is actually not only disrespectful but blasphemous. Comparisons are even made to Lord Krishna and other Hindu deities for validation of the argument.
However, the people that I have met who claim that Lord Jesus Christ must be addressed as “the” Lord Jesus Christ, or any reference to Him as Lord must contain the definite article “the”, have no relationship with Him. They merely see Lord Jesus Christ as somebody from afar. Their relationship with Lord Jesus is actually a virtual one that occurs in their minds as they read the Scriptures. Such individuals are usually bound up in doctrines rather than enjoying a personal relationship with Lord Jesus Christ.
- You search the scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness to me; yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life. (John 5:39-40)
When people possess a relationship with Lord Jesus Christ, they acknowledge that He is their Lord and they seek to please Him by hating evil and desiring wisdom.
- For consider your call, brethren; not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth; but God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise, God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong, God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. He is the source of your life in Christ Jesus, whom God made our wisdom, our righteousness and sanctification and redemption.
- Every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:11)
- Because, if you confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
To call somebody “the Lord” is to put some distance between you and the person to whom you are making reference. To call somebody “Lord” is to indicate that you are in a relationship and your Lord reigns over your life.
Those who call themselves Christians, but do not have Jesus Christ as Lord of their lives, have not understood what it means to leave the influence of the god of this world and have him reign in their lives as they are enticed into sin. Those who know Lord Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, no longer are hoping that they will be saved, but have received the eternal assurance that they possess eternal life. This is why only those who are truly saved refer to Lord Jesus Christ without the use of “the” to identify Him as separate to them.
People refuse to come to Jesus so that He might give them eternal life and set them free from sin and eternal alienation from God.
- If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you. (John 15:7)
- Jesus then said to the Jews who had believed in him, “If you continue in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” They answered him, “We are descendants of Abraham, and have never been in bondage to any one. How is it that you say, ‘You will be made free’?” (John 8:31-33)
- I told you that you would die in your sins, for you will die in your sins unless you believe that I am he.” (John 8:24)
- So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed. (John 8:36)
- Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if any one hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. (Revelation 3:20)
- He came to his own home, and his own people received him not. But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God; who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God. (John 1:11-13)
- the theory of evolution;
- being saved by grace alone;
- having been saved before they were born;
- being saved because they were baptized as a baby,
- having been saved before the foundation of the world,
- being saved because they were baptized into a church.
Death cannot be denied, but it can be overcome if we are honest with ourselves, acknowledge it, seek the One who overcame death. If we allow the only person to have overcome death to reveal to us the way to the truth that we might find life—true life is not cut short by death, because it never ends. Why not start to enjoy eternal life now?
Few Finding Life Does Not Necessarily Mean 3 People Only, It Could Also Mean You