From what is recorded in the Gospels, which the physician Dr. Luke obtained from eyewitnesses, Jesus considered Himself to be the Son of God. However, in the book of Luke, Jesus is presented as using the motif “Son of Man”. Son of Man is the motif used in the book of Daniel to reference the Messiah.
- I saw in the night visions, and behold, with the clouds of heaven there came one like a son of man, and he came to the Ancient of Days and was presented before him. (Daniel 7:13)
- But that you may know that the Son of man has authority on earth to forgive sins”—he said to the man who was paralyzed—“I say to you, rise, take up your bed and go home.” (Luke 5:24)
- And he said to them, “The Son of man is lord of the sabbath.” (Luke 6:5)
- “The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and on the third day be raised.” (Luke 9:22)
- For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. (Luke 9:26)
- Blessed are you when men hate you, and when they exclude you and revile you, and cast out your name as evil, on account of the Son of man! (Luke 6:22)
Jesus understood WHO He was. This is evident throughout the Gospels. In fact, even as twelve-year-old child, Jesus understood who His Father was.
- Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the Passover. And when he was twelve years old, they went up according to custom; and when the feast was ended, as they were returning, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem. His parents did not know it, but supposing him to be in the company they went a day’s journey, and they sought him among their kinsfolk and acquaintances; and when they did not find him, they returned to Jerusalem, seeking him. After three days they found him in the temple, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions; and all who heard him were amazed at his understanding and his answers. And when they saw him they were astonished; and his mother said to him, “Son, why have you treated us so? Behold, your father and I have been looking for you anxiously.” And he said to them, “How is it that you sought me? Did you not know that I must be in my Father’s house?” And they did not understand the saying which he spoke to them. (Luke 2:41-50)
The Ignorance Of Those Who Are Unenlightened Can Be Quite Worrisome Really