Saturday, June 10, 2017

VERSES FROM THE GOSPEL OF JOHN AND ISAIAH COMPARED TO VERSES FROM THE KORAN. The Evidence Is One Book Speaks Of Love, Truth And Enlightenment, While The Other Book Is More About Death And Destruction To The Deviants. Mercy is something that is shown to those who want to live, but life that is not eternal is not life at all.

Harry Riches

Harry Riches Answer requested by Imam M


In order to explain the meaning, we need to know what the actual verses state. The following are the verses mentioned from the Bible.
John 14:26
  • But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.
John 16:7-14
  • Nevertheless I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. And when he comes, he will convince the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no more; concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged. “I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you.
John 15:26
  • But when the Counselor comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness to me;
John 14:16
  • And I will pray the Father, and he will give you another Counselor, to be with you for ever,
The Servant, a Light to the Nations
Isaiah 42:1-13
  • Behold my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen, in whom my soul delights; I have put my Spirit upon him, he will bring forth justice to the nations. He will not cry or lift up his voice, or make it heard in the street; a bruised reed he will not break, and a dimly burning wick he will not quench; he will faithfully bring forth justice. He will not fail or be discouraged till he has established justice in the earth; and the coastlands wait for his law. Thus says God, the Lord, who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread forth the earth and what comes from it, who gives breath to the people upon it and spirit to those who walk in it: “I am the Lord, I have called you in righteousness, I have taken you by the hand and kept you; I have given you as a covenant to the people, a light to the nations, to open the eyes that are blind, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness. I am the Lord, that is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to graven images. Behold, the former things have come to pass, and new things I now declare; before they spring forth I tell you of them.” Sing to the Lord a new song, his praise from the end of the earth! Let the sea roar and all that fills it, the coastlands and their inhabitants.Let the desert and its cities lift up their voice, the villages that Kedar inhabits; let the inhabitants of Sela sing for joy, let them shout from the top of the mountains. Let them give glory to the Lord, and declare his praise in the coastlands. The Lord goes forth like a mighty man, like a man of war he stirs up his fury; he cries out, he shouts aloud, he shows himself mighty against his foes.
Here are the two passages from the Koran.
  • Those to whom We gave the Scripture know him as they know their own sons. But indeed, a party of them conceal the truth while they know [it]. (Surah 2: 146.
  • The Jews say, "Ezra is the son of Allah "; and the Christians say, "The Messiah is the son of Allah ." That is their statement from their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved [before them]. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded? They have taken their scholars and monks as lords besides Allah , and [also] the Messiah, the son of Mary. And they were not commanded except to worship one God; there is no deity except Him. Exalted is He above whatever they associate with Him. They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah refuses except to perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it. It is He who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth to manifest it over all religion, although they who associate others with Allah dislike it. (Surah 9:30–33)
Lord Jesus Christ told His disciples that He will ascend to Heaven and another will be sent, known as the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit enters individuals and empowers them with love for people, so that they might come to the knowledge of the truth and be saved. For there is only one mediator between man and God. Thus we read:
  • The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. (2 Corinthians 13:14)
  • Hope does not disappoint us, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit which has been given to us. (Romans 5:5)
  • This is good, and it is acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all, the testimony to which was borne at the proper time. (1 Timothy 2:3–6)
The Quran teaches that those who proclaim the message of Lord Jesus Christ which is to promote the love of God and bring all people to salvation are to be destroyed. Presumably justifying this warlike destruction by referring to the words of Isaiah already quoted: The Lord goes forth like a mighty man, like a man of war he stirs up his fury; he cries out, he shouts aloud, he shows himself mighty against his foes.

The warlike position overlooks the context and does not acknowledge that Isaiah also said: Behold my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen, in whom my soul delights; I have put my Spirit upon him, he will bring forth justice to the nations. He will not cry or lift up his voice, or make it heard in the street; a bruised reed he will not break, and a dimly burning wick he will not quench; he will faithfully bring forth justice.

The justice that God speaks of is setting people free from the futility of being born only to die and providing the assurance of this by giving them the Holy Spirit, who is the Comforter/Counselor/Advocate; the One who instructs, enlightens and leads those who have received this baptism into all truth.

More importantly, notice that the chosen servant of God will not lift up his voice, and he will not harm the bruised (a reference to the hurting) or quench a person's light (kill people). The servant of God will let each person be condemned by their own words and actions, so that true justice will be done.

The Way Of God Is Not The Ways Of Men Who Think That Killing Non Adherents Rocks

No comments:

Post a Comment