Jesus stated that He would be raised as the Serpent in the Wilderness, so that those who believe in Him might have eternal life. This is considered justification for an image of a man nailed to a cross as being Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
- And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of man be lifted up, that whoever believes in him may have eternal life. (John 3:14-15)
- When it was evening, there came a rich man from Arimathea, named Joseph, who also was a disciple of Jesus. He went to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus. Then Pilate ordered it to be given to him. And Joseph took the body, and wrapped it in a clean linen shroud, and laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn in the rock; and he rolled a great stone to the door of the tomb, and departed. (Matthew 27:57-60)
- You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments. (Exodus 20:4–6)
The Second Commandment is omitted in publications of a certain Christian denomination. The denomination's writers claim that the Second Commandment forms part of the First Commandment and need not be mentioned. To cater for this removal of the Second Commandment, the church authorities have split the last commandment to form the ninth and tenth commandments of their version of the Decalogue. Tragically, Christianity is judged by many according to the actions of various church authorities; rather than being judged according to what our Lord Jesus Christ has done. However, if we are seeking the truth, the key is to read the Bible for ourselves and start praying to God to reveal Himself to us, and show us the truth.—Chapter Three The Jealous God Understanding The Principles Of Habitation That The Jealous God Utilizes To Guide HistoryWhen Jesus rose from the dead, He was not placed again on the Cross, he was taken up in glory and sits at the right hand of God.
- Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God which he promised beforehand through his prophets in the holy scriptures, the gospel concerning his Son, who was descended from David according to the flesh and designated Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by his resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord.(Romans 1:1-4)
- Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of our religion: He was manifested in the flesh,vindicated in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory. (1 Timothy 3:16)
- But he, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God (Acts 7:55)
The only possible reason the cult of Jesus being on a cross has come to exist is this world is the wicked rulers of darkness that have control also have an agenda other than loving their neighbors as themselves. Maybe this is why priests are supposedly invested with the power to turn a wafer into the body of the resurrected Lord Jesus Christ. Yet they unable to heal the sick with this dubious power to transform dead matter into that which lives.
The reason why the Romans adopted Christianity is because they could not stamp it out. Influenced by the Evil One, they decided to turn it into a political means by which people could be controlled. There is a massive difference between true religion and the manmade counterfeits. For true religion relies solely upon Spirit of the Living God to empower people and help them overcome suffering and death.
IF YOU CARE, PLEASE SHARE