Tuesday, October 10, 2017

ENJOY WHAT YOU CAN NOW BECAUSE TOMORROW MAY BE THE END OF TODAY, AT LEAST, SO SAY SOME. Tomorrow Never Comes And What Today Offers Is All We Experience, Because Yesterday's Enjoyment Is Gone. What we enjoy now will definitely not be what we will be enjoying if we make it to Heaven.

People seem to enjoy many things on this Earth. For example, I saw a sunset this evening that was resplendent. The beauty and awe associated with it left me being thankful for the Creator.
But when compared with what is to come; it was nothing, really.

When my father died. I could have sworn that at his funeral he was there trying to tell me that I have not seen anything compared to what he was witnessing. Six months before he died, my father told me that he had finally made amends with His Lord and Savior the resurrected Lord Jesus Christ.
  • When the perfect comes, the imperfect will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall understand fully, even as I have been fully understood. So faith, hope, love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love. (1 Corinthians 13:10-13)
Much of the enjoyment people experience today is more relief than enjoyment. But relief from carnal urges, be they associated with the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh or pride of life, all too often gets confused for enjoyment.

Recently, I had dinner with a married couple at a restaurant that operated an all-you-can-eat buffet. The following day, in my presence, the female member of the couple stated, to some eight people, that she had a marvelous time the night before at the restaurant. This woman was very quiet and basically was the waitress for her husband. Some people are so easily pleased—but then I suppose, in this woman’s case, it would be a relief to get away from being with a demanding twice-divorced daughter who is still at home.
  • But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man conceived, what God has prepared for those who love him.” (1 Corinthians 2:9)
What people enjoy now is small change compared to what God has in store. People think coming out of a slum to live in the swankiest penthouse with breathtaking views is like moving to Heaven. But if it were not for the views, the sunrises and sunsets provided by the Creator, even that would be so low-rent.

What people enjoy now, even at its most satisfying, pales into significance when compared to what will be available for those who love God and who are called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28).

Enjoying The Joy And Assurance Of Salvation Now Is But A Taste Of The Future

No comments:

Post a Comment