- But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings which are able to instruct you for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. (2 Timothy 3:14-15)
- Now these things happened to them as a warning, but they were written down for our instruction, upon whom the end of the ages has come. (1 Corinthians 10:11)
- For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that by steadfastness and by the encouragement of the scriptures we might have hope. (Romans 15:4)
- I have applied all this to myself and Apollos for your benefit, brethren, that you may learn by us not to go beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up in favor of one against another. (1 Corinthians 4:6)
- And he gave to Moses, when he had made an end of speaking with him upon Mount Sinai, the two tables of the testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God. (Exodus 31:18)
- To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, there will be no dawn for them. (Isaiah 8:20)
- You search the scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness to me; yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life. (John 5:39-40)
- Not that we are competent of ourselves to claim anything as coming from us; our competence is from God, who has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not in a written code but in the Spirit; for the written code kills, but the Spirit gives life. (2 Corinthians 3:5-6)
The only source that sustains us is the Spirit of God. The Bible itself bears witness to this fact, without the Father and the Son, everybody is dead in their sins.
- Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing; for whatever he does, that the Son does likewise. For the Father loves the Son, and shows him all that he himself is doing; and greater works than these will he show him, that you may marvel. For as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whom he will. The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son, even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him. Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears my word and believes him who sent me, has eternal life; he does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.” (John 5:19-24)
- Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to serve, for the sake of those who are to obtain salvation? (Hebrews 1:14)
- Therefore, since we are justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ….because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit which has been given to us. (Romans 5:1–5)
As for people having dreams, prophecies and directives given to them by supernatural means (angels, Holy Spirit) in respect to their persons, unless it conforms to the what is written in the Law and the testimony, then what they have received obviously has not come from God. The wise do not go beyond what is written.
The Written Code Exists So People Can Understand Truth From Error