- But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or a thief, or a wrongdoer, or a mischief-maker; yet if one suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but under that name let him glorify God. For the time has come for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God? (1 Peter 4:15-17)
Jesus said that if we are to glorify God, we are to bear fruit. Bearing fruit is accomplished when we allow God to be our teacher, rather than any one of us deciding to teach God how things are done, as people seem intent on doing to their detriment; at least until they wake up to themselves—but only a comparatively few ever do wake up to the truth of how great God is really.
- And he called to him the multitude with his disciples, and said to them, “If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. (Mark 8:34)
- And he who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. (Matthew 10:38)
- Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. (John 12:24)
- I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in me, and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. (John 15:5)
- By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be my disciples. (John 15:8)
Understanding The Truth Sets People Free From Misconceptions And Falsehood