Liberals and conservatives are politicians who argue for ruling people in a particular way. But in reality the evidence shows that in the main they are merely self-interested individuals who are seeking to establish their own fiefdoms, and feather there own nests, while claiming to be helping their electorate.
Jesus was a libertarian. However, the libertarianism of Lord Jesus Christ is not that which many people claim is libertarian today, which is based upon self-interest according to the flesh. The libertarianism Jesus espoused was about liberation from sin and death. For this Jesus gave His own life. He advised His disciples to do the same.
- And Jesus called them to him and said to them, “You know that those who are supposed to rule over the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great men exercise authority over them. But it shall not be so among you; but whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be slave of all. (Mark 10:42–44)
People see what they want to see. Those who are raised to believe socialism is the best political system will interpret Jesus actions as socialist. Those who are raised to be capitalists may see Jesus as a Jew who spoke in terms of money—a facet found in many of his sayings.
The fact is Jesus spoke of human responsibility for each one’s own actions. This includes being responsible for those who are less fortunate and showing mercy rather than dealing harshly with the guiltless. This also means individual merit is rewarded (Matthew 25:14–30), not because a person is good, but because a person’s lifestyle demonstrates the works of God.
Everything has to be founded upon what is righteous and just. Justice is the basis of Kingdom of God. Justice is not something that is found in this world. Corruption, the antithesis of justice is what prevails on Earth. Without looking at banana republics, a look at the politics of the USA tells us this corruption is rampant. Examples are:
- Hillary Clinton being let off the hook for her emails;
- Barak Obama had a forged birth certificate and yet he became President of United States contrary to the requirements of the constitution.
- Bill Clinton getting off rape charges;
- Bernie Sanders being cheated out of votes for the presidential nomination and then suddenly have $600,000 to buy a third house for himself to live in, after campaigning for social justice and against corruption;
- George Bush winning a rigged contest and loser Al Gore then earning $500 million promoting climate change.
Jesus was a true libertarian. He brought liberty for mankind. That liberty has to begin within each individual first before it can affect other members of society.
The Way Of Jesus Is Liberty Comes Only From Walking In The Light Not Darkness