Some atheists think loving one’s neighbor is a novel idea, too. Atheists do not believe that Jesus died on the Cross and rose from the dead.
Neither do agnostics believe that Jesus died on the Cross and rose from the dead. Agnostics believe a Creator exists but does not interfere with the affairs of humans.
Muhammad is not thought of as highly as Jesus by many non-Christians or non-Muslims because he preached totalitarianism.
Atheists, who are totalitarians, are in agreement with Muhammad. They think that the only way to run the world is to subdue everybody by force rather than appeal to their better judgment through acts of loving-kindness.
Researcher Eustace Mullins wrote that the Cato Institute gave a two year grant to the economist Murray Rothbard:
- to write a book, "For a New Liberty", which says, "Before World War II, so devoted was Stalin to peace that he failed to make adequate provision against Nazi attack." Rothbard should have said, "So devoted was Stalin to murder that he killed most of his Army officers, leaving him vulnerable to Nazi attack." Rothbard asserts that the U.S. is imperialist and war-mongering, while the Soviet Union is peace-loving, rational and misunderstood! —The World Order: Our Secret Rulers (2nd ed) - p250.
The reason why many people do not revile the prophet Muhammad is because of events that take place, such as what happened at the offices of Charlie Hebdo (Paris, 7 January, 2015), where 11 people were shot dead and 11 were wounded, because Stéphane Charbonnier used satire to ridicule the prophet. Those shot dead were:
- Frédéric Boisseau, 42, building maintenance worker for Sodexo, killed in the lobby as he sat at the reception desk, first victim of the shooting.
- Charb (Stéphane Charbonnier), 47, cartoonist, columnist, and director of publication of Charlie Hebdo.
- Philippe Honoré, 73, cartoonist.
- Ahmed Merabet, 42, police officer, shot in the head as he lay wounded on the ground outside.
- Michel Renaud, 69, a travel writing festival organiser visiting Cabu.
On the other hand, people do not say that they respect Muhammad because of the way he demonstrated how he cared for people, healed the sick, spoke about feeding the hungry, giving people freedom, and did not advocate killing those who disagreed with him and his message.
The murderers who killed the 11 people at the offices of Charlie Hebdo think they are going to Heaven to be entertained by virgins. Acts like this cause non-Christians and non-Muslims to abhor Muhammad and those who follow him.
This is why Seneca said that religion is for the stupid, the wise know it is false, and those who rule understand that this is a way for subjugating the masses. Marx also claimed that religion is the drug for those who have nothing because it promises pie in the sky, or something to that effect.
The Bible says that murderers go to eternal punishment. And oddly enough, Muhammad advises that all should follow what is written in the Bible, for this came from God.
- And We sent, following in their footsteps, Jesus, the son of Mary, confirming that which came before him in the Torah; and We gave him the Gospel, in which was guidance and light and confirming that which preceded it of the Torah as guidance and instruction for the righteous. (Sura 5:46)
Forgiving those who defame, ridicule, whip, bruise and crucify one is not easy to do. That kind of love could only come from God.
To forgive and not be filled with hate enables a person to enjoy life and not be consumed with evil thoughts against another person.
The Ten Commandments Are The Only Words Ever Written By God’s Own Hand