Thursday, February 2, 2017

FAITH IS MISUNDERSTOOD BY PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TRUE CHRISTIANITY IS REALLY ABOUT. Too Many People Mouth Opinions Without Seeking To Understand The Truth About The Resurrection Of Lord Jesus Christ, The Son Of God. Placing faith in the Jesus crucified on the Cross is not what the Bible teaches, for true Christianity is about the resurrection of Lord Jesus Christ from the dead, not that fact that Jesus the man was crucified.



I'm in bondage to a lot of things, I always hear Gabriel Swaggart say to place your faith faith in Christ and him crucified. How do I do that?
Specifically, my faith exists because of the vital relationship I possess with Lord Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit, which has been given to me as a guarantee of my salvation. In saying that I have a guarantee, this is not a belief or a thought bubble but an assurance that is very real—nothing like someone’s word or even the knowledge that my bank records are true; for we are talking about heartfelt confidence.
  • In him you also, who have heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and have believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, which is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory. (Ephesians 1:13–14)
  • And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, in whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. (Ephesians 4:30)
The fact that Jesus was crucified on the Cross of Calvary did not mean anything to me until after He appeared to me and I received the assurance of this, when having a change take place within my inner person. Before that time, I did not have any understanding of Jesus’ death on the Cross, apart from the fact people said that the man from Nazareth had been crucified, and there seemed to be a plethora of art depicting this event.

What is important to understand is what the Apostle Paul wrote about the resurrection:
  • If Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain. (1 Corinthians 15:14)
Now that I have an abiding relationship with the resurrected Lord Jesus Christ, the significance of the Cross of Calvary has caught my attention. For it is by means of the Cross that the Son of God was able to remove the sin of Adam and set free those who had been held captive by it. Although, each one is also responsible for his or her own sin, the reality is Adam forsook his birthright, and that of his descendants, when he obeyed the voice of the Evil One rather than the voice of God.

Understanding that Jesus has shared with all mankind his inheritance as Lord of Creation, by bequeathing it to us through His death, has provided me with a meaningful worldview that makes sense as to how evil came about and how it was atoned for by the sacrificial offering of the only righteous life.

For me to place my faith in the death of Jesus would be impossible if He had not risen from the dead. Although, from a purely intellectual basis, I would have difficulty in seeing the point of Jesus’ crucifixion if He did not demonstrate He was actually God and had the power to overcome death. As it was, unless Lord Jesus demonstrated He was alive to me, I was going to walk away from ever seeking God and basically become like the other people I knew and be truly evil. Not that I wasn’t evil at the time, I just had not seared my conscience completely, as do certain politicians who bear false witness and lie to cover the lies of the lies concerning the lies about the other lies. With God, honesty means absolute honesty about oneself.

The deception of those who believe they do not need to be honest is they think they can walk a fine line between telling falsehoods and the truth. Organized crime begins with one who rises to the top of the pyramid and then calculatingly penetrates his evil reach into society through the influence, intimidation and control of underlings.

My involvement in organized crime was stopped at the Rubicon (that place of no return), because of what the Son of God did on the Cross of Calvary, due to the love He possessed for the descendants of Adam. Now that I know Lord Jesus, when I slip up and realize my sin, or when the accuser has something against me, I visualize my sin being taken from me by my Savior on the Cross of Calvary. Amazingly, by His wounds I am healed (1 Peter 2:24) and set free of the sins I have committed and the accusations of my enemy.

However, I know of other people who have not had the experiences I have had, nor experience the same relationship that I do with Lord Jesus Christ.  Yet, by accepting that the Son of God took their sin on the Cross, people have experienced relief from anxiety and a hope that life has more to offer than merely being born to die with suffering in between. We are talking about the suffering experienced between the two epochs that mark each end of our lives within our temporal biological state of existence on Earth. The people who have received the assurance of Jesus' death and resurrection, also were willing to accept that if the man from Nazareth is truly the Son of God, He has the power to overcome death and raise from the dead all who believe in His Name.

We know seeing is believing, but feeling is receiving.

The Bible instructs that we are to feel after God in order to find Him (Acts 17.26-27).

Faith placed in Lord Jesus Christ is faith placed in the resurrection—not in a belief or a wish but in reality—because, we who are saved and possess the hope of the redemption of our bodies, have received the assurance of the Holy Spirit within our own persons.

Understanding The Only Words Written By God Himself Is Advantageous

No comments:

Post a Comment