We don’t see Jesus trying to convince people to believe in His Father’s Existence. But we do see Jesus questioning hypocrisy and evil behind motives disguised with respectability.
What else do you know or see it yourself about this hypocrisy or about pharisaism disguising evil?
People adopt various philosophical worldviews to justify their actions. But not all authority is evil. Authority carries with it responsibility. Those in authority usually understand this and do their best to fulfill their responsibilities. National leaders are all called into account if they do not fulfill their responsibilities. Some national leaders appear to have a misconception of what responsibilities are required of them and reside over genocide. Those who are responsible for the following genocides may be held up as an example by some of what to expect of those who claim they have no fear of eternal punishment because God does not exist.
- Bosnia-Herzegovina: 1992-1995 - 200,000 Deaths
- Rwanda: 1994 - 800,000 Deaths
- Pol Pot in Cambodia: 1975-1979 - 2,000,000 Deaths
- Nazi Holocaust: 1938-1945 - 6,000,000 Deaths
- Rape of Nanking: 1937-1938 - 300,000 Deaths
- Stalin's Forced Famine: 1932-1933 - 7,000,000 Deaths
- Armenians in Turkey: 1915-1918 - 1,500,000 Deaths
You say that Jesus did not try to convince people of the Father’s existence. From my reading of the gospels, Jesus does not appear to try to convince people of anything really. Jesus merely declared the good news of the Kingdom of God. His declaration was backed up with supernatural works that attested to His authority.
- God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power; he went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him. (Acts 10:38)
- One of the lawyers answered him, “Teacher, in saying this you reproach us also.” And he said, “Woe to you lawyers also! for you load men with burdens hard to bear, and you yourselves do not touch the burdens with one of your fingers. (Luke 11:45–46)
- Woe to you lawyers! for you have taken away the key of knowledge; you did not enter yourselves, and you hindered those who were entering.
Religious hypocrisy is common. But so is the hypocrisy by the majority of those who enjoy the privileges of being part of the education/justice/governmental system of this world.
The Ten Commandments Were Designed For You To Enjoy And Possess Life